Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Plans for the week

I hit up the gym last night with Jeremy for a training session, I think we climbed for 2 hours and campused/did core for 1. While we were working one of the many sandbagged problems in the gym, I remembered how much it helps to scream on hard moves, now I just need to keep that in my mind while climbing. I think I scared a few of the noobs who were top-roping, that or  I sounded like a little girl. Not sure which. Either way, screaming helps. 
Our campus sessions have gotten a lot more intense as of late. We have been working in a weight vest on some exercises. Right now we have about 9 lbs on it, which is surprisingly a lot of weight. Thats really it for the wood/plastic pulling side of things - more importantly on the rock climbing side of things I am going home this weekend, which means I get to head up to the Gunks for at least 1 day of climbing. 
Right now the plan is for Mike Arthur, Mike Rohsler, my brother, and I to head up early saturday morning and put in some work on Venus In Scorpio. Here is a video of Pete climbing Venus in Scorpio (v11):



Mike put a lot of work in on this climb last year, and was pretty close to doing it on his 3rd or so day - Hopefully he can send on Saturday, and maybe I'll have a good day and make some progress on it. On the slightly easier side of things, I think we will work Jahboo (v9), Even Lovely (V8), Jackson Pollock (V8), and maybe  The Art of Nothing (v8). I'd love to get over to Peterskill too, but I don't think it is going to happen this weekend. 


2 comments:

hayden said...

that climb looks really really good

b. rad said...

Yeah man, I'm stoked to get on it. I have so much to show you for next time you come out east. I think you will be really psyched on the split boulder at Pawtuckaway, and some of the lines at the gunks. Did you see the three or so problems at the gunks in Dosage 5?